Detalles del libro:
Biochemistry makes the language of the course as accessible as possible. Its straightforward and logical organization enhances clarity by stepping the reader through processes and helping them navigate complex pathways and mechanisms. In this edition, as in all previous editions, the authors thoroughly revised the text with an eye for clarity, rewriting and reorganizing discussions where advances in the field have given us a different perspective on biochemistry.
Precise, informative Illustrations
Each figure focuses on a single concept, clearly telling the story of a mechanism, pathway or process without the distraction of excess detail.
Biochemistry helps students see their own lives in the in the study of life at the smallest scale. It presents pathways and processes in a physiological context to show how biochemistry works in different parts of the body and under different environmental and hormonal conditions.
Wherever appropriate, pathways and mechanisms are applied to health and disease in discussions. These applications show students how biochemistry is relevant to them while reinforcing the concepts they have just learned.
Evolution is evident in the structures and pathways of biochemistry, and is woven into the narrative of the textbook.
Part I THE MOLECULAR DESIGN OF LIFE
1. Biochemistry: An Evolving Science
2. Protein Composition and Structure
3. Exploring Proteins and Proteomes
4. DNA, RNA, and the Flow of Genetic Information
5. Exploring Genes and Genomes
6. Exploring Evolution and Bioinformatics
7. Hemoglobin: Portrait of a Protein in Action
8. Enzymes: Basic Concepts and Kinetics
9. Catalytic Strategies
10. Regulatory Strategies
12. Lipids and Cell Membranes
13. Membrane Channels and Pumps
14. Signal-Transduction Pathways
Part II TRANSDUCING AND STORING ENERGY
15. Metabolism: Basic Concepts and Design
16. Glycolysis and Gluconeogenesis
17. The Citric Acid Cycle
18. Oxidative Phosphorylation
19. The Light Reactions of Photosynthesis
20. The Calvin Cycle and the Pentose Phosphate Pathway
21. Glycogen Metabolism
22. Fatty Acid Metabolism
23. Protein Turnover and Amino Acid Catabolism
Part III SYNTHESIZING THE MOLECULES OF LIFE
24. The Biosynthesis of Amino Acids
25. Nucleotide Biosynthesis
26. The Biosynthesis of Membrane Lipids and Steroids
27. The Integration of Metabolism
28. DNA Replication, Repair, and Recombination
29. RNA Synthesis and Processing
30. Protein Synthesis
31. The Control of Gene Expression in Prokaryotes
32. The Control of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
Part IV RESPONDING TO ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGES
33. Sensory Systems
34. The Immune System
35. Molecular Motors
36 Drug Development
¿Algún problema con este libro o su descarga?, ¡Infórmanos!